Thursday, June 11, 2015

First Foray into Blucher

Here is an image of my 6mm French and Russians facing off using the new Blucher rules written by Sam Mustafa.  http://www.sammustafa.com/honour/ 
I based my 6mm Napoleonics on 20mm bases for infantry and 25mm magnetic bases for Cavalry.  This will allow me flexible basing for different size games and allow me to begin playing Blucher with my current collection.  4 bases will will fit on 2" bases shown above.  As my collection grows I can fit 6 bases of 24 on a 3" base and could fit 32 on a 3.5" card.

Here are some 6mm Baccus Russians sitting on 2" bases.



Sam Mustafa's Honour website provides downloads of generic cards for the new Blucher rules.  The cards are 3.5" but I found that if I set my printer settings to fit two pages of cards on a sheet of paper and printed them landscape they come out exactly 2" as seen above.  I printed several copies of each on green and blue cardstock for Russians and French respectively.

Here is a picture of my current battle using Blucher's innovative Scharnhorst Campaign game.  It is a 300pt game of Russian vs. French based on 1812 orders of battle.  



Here is Marshal Murat leading the French forces.  These are Adler 6mm.  I will post more on the game and Blucher's  Scharnhorst campaign system in the future.

1 comment: